We’re all looking for ways to save cash in this unpredictable pandemic market. One easy way to do that is to lower your monthly payments.
Let’s take a look at five ways to lower your homeowners insurance premiums.
- Increase your deductible. A deductible is the amount of money you’d be out of pocket in a claim before insurance would kick in. The higher the deductible, the lower the premium and vice-versa.
- Keep a good credit record. Did you know that your credit rating factors in to your insurance rate? Keep an eye on your credit score by opening a free account online and check it regularly. Experian.com is a great site to use.
- Maintain your roof. Roofs are expensive. Getting yours evaluated could help your save money on your monthly insurance rates.
- Improve your home security. Many insurance companies will give discounts for low-cost security upgrades such as carbon monoxide detectors, additional firedetectors, security cameras, and other monitoring devices.
- Shop around for discounts. You don’t know what you don’t know. That’s where we come in. As an independent agency, we have relationships with multiple providers. We do the legwork for you by doing all the research involved in getting you the best coverage at the lowest rates.
For more suggestions, check out TrustedChoice.com.
To find out if you could be saving money on your monthly premiums, r